Stay Safe While Working at HomeMany people have returned to the workplace after several months of sheltering at home. However, there are many companies and employees that found out that it is more productive and cost-effective to stay working out of the home. Is this the case for you? If so, it is important to be alert and put your home security system, along with other safety measures, to work also. Most home burglaries occur between the hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This is due to the fact that most residents are working at the office, out running errands, or attending school. Working at home is a new routine for the burglar to take into consideration. Even with home security monitoring in place, what else can you do to stay safe while you work out of your home daily?
Around the House SafetyThe National Safety Council reports that in 2019 there were over 26 million preventable medically consulted injuries that occurred at home. That is a total of 54.2% of all injuries reported. This statistic is a reminder that just because you are in your home, safety is not automatic. Here are some tips to minimize the risks around the home.
- Quickly clean spills, which are the leading cause of slips and falls
- Make sure there is an updated fire extinguisher easily available
- Don’t leave candles burning when you are not in the room anymore
- Maintain proper lighting, replacing bulbs when needed
- Keep space heaters away from flammable
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors every six months if not wired
- Keep cords wound up and not crossing traffic areas